Haematococcus pluvialis is a unicellular green alga. It tends to turn deep red under stressed conditions (water shortages or high solar
radiation). This color is due to astaxantina build-up inside the cell.
Astaxantina is a carotinifaciens; it has important antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
It can be used in case of:
- Degeneration of the macula, leading cause of blindness in the elderly population.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s desease, two of the most important degenerative diseases.
- Inflammatory disorders, chronic viral and auto-immune diseases.
- Increasing in male fertility.
- Improvement in muscular functions.
- Protection from UV radiation.
- Cardiac rate normalization.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Repetitive stress injury.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Furthermore, Astaxantina increases muscle power, boosts endurance level, improves recovery from human performances.